World Vegetarian Cookery
Take a gastronomic tour around the globe as you learn to create vegetarian dishes that delight the palate. From simple peasant fare to refined gourmet, vegetarian cuisine can be a simple or as extravagant as your imagination. Whatever your reasons for wanting to explore a vegetarian diet, this course will give you the skills to create delicious entrees, mains and desserts without the meat and without hassle.
Course fee includes all ingredients.
- tea towel and apron
- oven mitts
- gained an awareness of OH&S issues in relation to food preparation
- learned how to read and follow a recipe
- become familiar with terminology used in food preparation
- gained an understanding of how to select fresh ingredients
- learned food preparation techniques including cleaning, chopping, mixing and kneading
- learned fundamental cooking techniques including boiling, roasting, baking, sauteing and frying
- gained an awareness of vegetarian nutrition and meal planning
- prepared, presented and tasted a range of starters, salads, main and desert components of a meal.