Event Management Essentials
Ever wanted to better understand and manage your events at work or at home? Then this short course is for you!
Do you have a flair for organising? Do you find yourself running all your family functions, community/ school events or special events in your workplace? Would you like to improve the impact and delivery or your events?
Or, are you already working in an area where you believe you have the skills required to run events and take on more responsibility but are not sure where to start?
In Event Management Essentials we will focus on the creative development of a variety of events, looking at where to source the resources needed to make your events stand out. You will also develop documentation to help you manage the process. Essentially practical, the course is filled with interesting activities and exercises to enhance your present skills regardless of your previous experience and expertise. This course is tailored for those wanting to learn the basics of event management as well as for those looking to further enhance their skills.
During this course the intention is that the following topics will be covered, not necessarily in the following order:
- Event types – Corporate, Government and Community.
- How to develop an event including theming, entertainment/ speakers, catering and venue/ site selection.
- Identify the elements of an event and how to incorporate them.
- Marketing, promotion, sponsorship and ticketing.
- Finance, contracting, insurance and risk assessment.
- Staffing and personnel.
- Skill development – the planning and organising process.
- Implementation, including the development of documentation to be used in the running of your events, big and small.
- Shutdown and evaluation processes.
- Notepad and Pen