What is the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) Program?
The Skills for Education and Employment Program is an Australian government-funded program for registered jobseekers.
If provides up to up to 800 hours of FREE language and numeracy classes, part time and full time day classes over 8 to 11 week terms.
To apply for this program you will need a referral from your Job Active Provider or Centrelink.
Click here for more information about the SEE Program or call 9387 6880.
What should you do first?
Find out if you are eligible and make a referral. Talk to your Job Active Provider or Centerlink to find out if you are eligible and ask them for a referral to:
Provider : Navitas City East
Course ID: L70539
Activity ID: 65917321
Course options and location
You can study full time or part time, depending on your Job Active requirements
Classes are held at Level 2, 97 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction
What will you learn?
The program aims to improve your English, Literacy and Numeracy and employability skills so increasing your chances of success in the job market.
Steps to enrol in the SEE program:
1. Find out if you are eligible and make a referral. Talk to your Job Active Provider or Centerlink to find out if you are eligible and ask them for a referral.
2. Arrange a PTA. After your Job Active Provider or Centrelink has made a referral on your behalf, they will ring to make an appointment for you to do a Pre-Training Assessment.
3. Assess your level of English. The SEE Assessor will conduct the PTA with you. It will take approximately two hours to complete. During the PTA you will be assessed on your Learning, Oral Communication (listening and speaking), Reading, and Writing and Numeracy skills. You will also be asked about your pathway and future intentions regarding work and study.
4. Orientation. Following the PTA, the SEE Assessor will take you through an introduction to the SEE program, method of assessment and the school. This is a good opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
5. Start class. After the PTA you will be given a letter of introduction with the details of your first day at school including the date, time and classroom. This will have been negotiated between you and the assessor during the PTA and will be aligned to the requirements outlined by your Job Active Provider.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.